Winter Studio 2014
- Adult Classes
- ArtHigh (ages 12-14)
- ArtHigh (ages 15-18)
- Family Classes
- Preschool and Beginning
- School-Age Children
Classes introduce various materials, concepts and techniques, designed to challenge a child's imagination and ability while providing opportunities for playful exploration. We kindly ask that children be toilet trained.
These classes enhance skills, broaden concepts and provide an expanded creative experience. Various materials and historical art concepts are used to achieve greater technical ability and broaden knowledge.
ArtHigh at the Armory offers opportunities for high school students to gain valuable art experiences. Instruction concentration is in two areas: visual arts and media arts. Depending on student needs and level of exposure, these opportunities classes in photography, video, and design. With prior permission, teens may also take Armory adult classes in painting, drawing, letterpress, ceramics, digital art, and more. ArtHigh classes are limited to one class per student per session. Students must be 15 years old by first day of class.
Expand your creative interests and explore your personal artistic expression while receiving hands-on instruction from a professional artist. All levels of experience are welcome!
Multi-generational art making opportunities are perfect for moms and dads, brother and sisters, grandparents, and more.
Winter Studio Dates: January 13 – March 31, 2014
For 25 years, the Armory's education and exhibition programs have encouraged children and adults to experience, understand and appreciate contemporary art by actively being involved in the creative process of art making. Many of our Studio art classes visit the Gallery during the session and artworks in the exhibitions become sources of inspiration when creating art in class. Techniques and ideas used by the exhibiting artists are also learned in some classes.
- Download the Winter 2014 Studio Brochure (.pdf)
- Download the Winter 2014 Registration Form Only (.pdf)
- Tuition Assistance (.pdf) / Asistencia de Matrícula (.pdf)
Armory Studio Policies
- Tuition is listed in each class section.
- Armory members (individual level & up) receive a 10% discount on all class tuition.
- Seniors over age 60 receive a 10% discount on their adult class tuition. Senior Armory members receive a 20% discount on their adult class tuition (if you are a senior, note on form with DOB).
- Tuition assistance is awarded based on income level and the availability of funds. Please print a tuition assistance application from our website (armoryarts.org), or request one from the Studio Assistant at 626.792.5101 x121. Please submit tuition assistance applications 2 weeks prior to registration. When using tuition assistance, you must present an award letter to use funds for registration. Tuition assistance will not be credited retroactively.
- Register for classes by mail, fax, in person, or online. Registrations over the phone will not be accepted.
- Please mail in your registration with a check or credit card number. Faxed registrations can only be accepted when paying with a Mastercard or Visa. In all cases a signed registration form is required by the first day of class.
- Registration forms will be processed in the order they are received.
- Please have all forms completely filled out and signed. Be sure to have 1st and 2nd choices indicated on your form, we do not have waitlists.
- Class spaces are held only for registrants who have paid in full.
- The Armory accepts payment in cash, check, Mastercard and Visa. Make checks payable to: Armory Center for the Arts
- Incomplete registration forms cannot be accepted.
- If you are registering using tuition assistance funds, you must register in person. Please bring your award letter when you come to register.
- To withdraw from a class and receive a full refund, the request must be made at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the session. The Armory will retain a $15 processing fee per class.
- A 50% refund will be granted for withdrawals made between two weeks prior to the beginning of the session and the beginning of the second class. No refunds will be granted after the second class.
- The ArtHigh $40 registration fee is non-refundable in all cases.
- Classes with insufficient enrollment will be canceled. If the Armory cancels a class before the first meeting, a full refund will be issued automatically. Allow up to two billing cycles for refunds to appear on credit card statements and up to four weeks for refund checks to be issued.
- When making a change to a class a student is already enrolled in, we will charge a $15 fee for schedule adjustments and you must fill out an Add/Drop form available in the front office.
- Class drops and changes must be received in writing and will not be taken over the phone. To drop or change a class please fill out an Add/Drop form in the front office or send an e-mail to [email protected] Please remember to include your student’s name, the class name and number that they are enrolled in and the class name and number that you would like to change to.
Armory Class Policies
- Students must be appropriate age by 1st day of class.
- Make-up classes and credit for missed classes are not available.
- Please know that no supervision of children is provided before or after class. We ask that you arrive promptly in the Studio.
- For parents who are early dropping off or late picking up their child, the Armory will charge a fee of $1.00 for the first five minutes. An additional $1.00 per minute will be charged thereafter.
- Please provide a note to the teacher when your child will be dropped off or picked up by someone other than a parent.
- During all programs, children ages 3-11 must be signed-in and signed-out by a parent or caregiver.
- The Armory reserves the right to substitute faculty when necessary.
- The Armory designs class curriculum for specific age ranges. We kindly request that age limits be respected.
If you need to park, the city parking structure just north of the Armory on Raymond offers 90 minutes free parking. Also, thanks to the generous cooperation of St. Andrew Church and School, limited free parking is available for Armory patrons at the parking lot on the north-east corner of Walnut St. and Raymond Ave. Before using the church parking lot, please obtain a permit and map from the Armory reception office. From either location you will be able to easily walk your child to the Armory building. Only handicap parking is available in the back of the Armory building.