Education » Studio Classes » Spring 2012
- Course List Not Available
Spring Studio Dates: April 2 – June 16, 2012
For 20 years, the Armory's education and exhibition programs have encouraged children and adults to experience, understand and appreciate contemporary art by actively being involved in the creative process of art making. Many of our Studio art classes visit the Gallery during the session and artworks in the exhibitions become sources of inspiration when creating art in class. Techniques and ideas used by the exhibiting artists are also learned in some classes.
AVAILABLE NOW FOR DOWNLOAD
||Preschool & Beginning Classes
Classes introduce various materials, concepts and techniques, designed to challenge a child's imagination and ability while providing opportunities for playful exploration. We kindly ask that children be toilet trained.
||Classes for School Age Children
Classes are designed to enhance skills, broaden concepts and provide an expanded creative experience. Various materials and historical art concepts are used to achieve greater technical ability and broaden knowledge.
||ArtHigh Classes for Ages 12-14
These classes are designed to provide in-depth, sequential experiences. Extended class time allows students and instructors to engage in more ambitious explorations of concepts, expression, historical and cultural context, connections, applications and materials. Limited to 12 students, classes allow for more individualized instruction. Students must be 12 years old by the first day of class.
||ArtHigh Classes for Ages 15-18
Art High at the Armory offers opportunities for high school students to gain valuable art experiences. Instruction concentration is in two areas: visual arts and media arts. Depending on student needs and level of exposure, these opportunities classes in photography, video, design and letterpress; Armory partner classes, in drawing and portfolio development; Armory adult classes in painting, drawing, ceramics, digital art and more; and the introduction of our portfolio lab for school students.
Classes for adults provide an artistic environment where you can expand your creative interests and explore your personal artistic expression while receiving hands-on instruction from a professional artist. All levels of experience are welcome!
Classes for families provide a multi-generational art making opportunity perfect for moms and dads, brother and sisters, grandparents, and more.
Armory Studio Policies
- Tuition is listed in each class section.
- Armory members (individual level & up) receive a 10% discount on all class tuition.
- Seniors over age 60 receive a 10% discount on their adult class tuition. Senior Armory members receive a 20% discount on their adult class tuition.
- Tuition assistance is awarded based on income level and the availability of funds. Applications can be printed out from our website (armoryarts.org) or are available in the Armory's front office. Please submit tuition assistance applications 6 weeks prior to registration. When using tuition assistance, you must present an award letter to use funds for registration. Tuition assistance will not be credited retroactively.
- Register for classes by mail, fax, in person, or online starting November 16, 2011. No registration can be accepted by phone or email.
- On-line registration will begin at 10am on November 16, 2011.
- Please mail in your registration with a check or credit card number. Faxed registrations can only be accepted when paying with a Mastercard or Visa. In all cases a signed registration form is required by the first day of class.
- Registration forms will be processed in the order they are received.
- Please have all forms completely filled out and signed. In case of a full class, be sure to have 1st and 2nd choices indicated on your form.
- Class spaces are held only for registrants who have paid in full.
- The Armory accepts payment in cash, check, Mastercard and Visa. Make checks payable to Armory Center for the Arts.
- To withdraw from a class and receive a full refund, the request must be made at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the session. The Armory will retain a $15 processing fee per class.
- A 50% refund will be granted for withdrawals made between two weeks prior to the beginning of the session and the beginning of the second class. No refunds will be granted after the second class.
- Classes with insufficient enrollment will be canceled. If the Armory cancels a class before the first meeting, a full refund will be issued automatically. Allow up to two billing cycles for refunds to appear on credit card statements and up to four weeks for refund checks to be issued.
- When making a change to a class a student is already enrolled in, we will charge a $15 fee for schedule adjustments. All changes must be submitted in writing, either in person, by fax, or via email.
- Make-up classes and credit for missed classes are not available.
- Please know that no supervision of children is provided before or after classes. We ask that you arrive promptly in the Studio.
- For parents who are early dropping off or late picking up their child, the Armory will charge a fee of $1.00 for the first five minutes. An additional $1.00 per minute will be charged thereafter.
- Please provide a note to the teacher when your child will be dropped off or picked up by someone other than a parent.
- The Armory reserves the right to substitute faculty when necessary.
- The Armory designs class curriculum for specific age ranges. We kindly request that age limits be respected.